Monday, September 8, 2008

Update

In recent weeks, the dating scene has really dropped off for me. I continue to hang out with Barback Boy and the more that I do, the more I realize that I really, really like him and don't need to be wasting my time with some of these guys I've been seeing. So I've phased them out of my life slowly but surely.

I hesitate to call him my "boyfriend" because I still want the freedom of knowing that I'm single. Also, we're in one anothers' lives but we're not a PART of one anothers' lives, you know what I mean? Until that situation is remedied (and possibly, still after that) I don't plan to enter into a truly exclusive relationship. Even though, yes, I guess we're technically together because neither of us is seeing anyone else.

Aaaaanyway, after that long-winded explanation, I thought I'd share some of the things that make him great and that I have learned about him in the past few months. I stole this from a couple of the other blogs that I read, and thought this was an appropriate outlet.

1. He’s sitting in front of the TV, what is on the screen?
A Reds game

2. You’re out to eat; what kind of dressing does he get on his salad?
I don't know, he's never actually ordered a salad in front of me. Probably ranch.

3. What’s one food he doesn’t like?
Onions

4. You go out to the bar. What does he order?
Beer, usually some sort of of IPA

5. Where did he go to high school?
Lakota, back before there was an East or West.

6. What size shoe does he wear?
I don't know.

7. If he was to collect anything, what would it be?
Everything! He's a huge pack rat. He has ever Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue published since, like 1980. And he has lots of bottles from favorite beers.

8. What is his favorite type of sandwich?
He eats a lot of tuna and he's not opposed to a burger.

9. What would he eat every day if he could?
Pizza

10. What is his favorite cereal?
I can't be sure, he has no cereal in his house. Though I have seen lots of oatmeal.

11. What would he never wear?
High heels, probably. Or a speedo.

12. What is his favorite sports team?
The Reds

13. Who will he vote for?
McCain. Let's not go there, we've had a couple of discussions about that. They've been... spirited...

14. Who is his best friend?
I would say his friend Becca, but he's not speaking to her currently because she tried to break us up. So probably his family, Larry, Brandon and Ryan.

15. What is something you do that he wishes you wouldn’t do?
Complain about how lame his presidential candidate is. Pretend to be interested in UFC.

16. How many states has he lived in?
Several - Illinois, Ohio, Florida. Also, he served in the Air Force, so he also lived in Saudi Arabia and Iraq.

17. What is his heritage?
German and maybe some other things

18. You bake him a cake for his birthday; what kind of cake?
Probably yellow cake. He doesn't love chocolate.

19. Did he play sports in high school?
Oh gosh, I'm embarassed to admit this. He was REALLY big into doing tricks on his bike.

20. What could he spend hours doing?
Downloading and listening to music

3 comments:

  1. oooOOOooo!

    congrats on settling on one! not settling, settling, but you know.

    i hope this turns into the relationship you want and need at this point in time. way to not stress too much over the definition but to enjoy the ride. good for you!

    i think it's funny how we tend to run opposite each other in our online dating adventures. i just stuck a toe back into the pool and may have some updates coming soon too!

    sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought his nickname was Barack boy- then you said he was voting for McCain - I was sooooo confused!!!!

    Ew - a McCain supporter - I'd have to dump him on principle alone!

    :-)

    Best of luck - send the leftovers my way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sad to say but he's not a good man. McCain? Come On.

    ReplyDelete