Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Date #1

Last night was Date #1 with Italian Stallion.

We met at The Hillside Room, a quiet little restaurant that has a tavern on one side and a restaurant on the other. Unfortunately, Italian Stallion asked me to meet him on the tavern side, so I went in, ordered a beer and waited. Then a fancy-schmancy server beckoned me over to the other side, where my date was waiting. Oops.

The food was good. The conversation was good. He was pretty much what I expected. A gentleman all the way. A little nervous. A few awkward silences. Was the ZING there? Not sure yet... It is really hard to go out with a person for the first time, especially when it's a blind day. It was kind of hard to tell if we were both being ourselves 100 percent; in fact, he mentioned that he was being more quiet than usual. At the same time, I felt like I was having dinner with an old friend. Is the keyword "friend"?

Grade: B+

1 comment:

  1. you never can tell with from the first date. barring the obvious exceptions, i like the idea of giving everyone a 2nd chance... just in case.

    and don't underestimate the B+/friend-vibe guys, i fell for mine.

    of course i know we have different dating goals, so feel free to ignore my bossy ass. :)

    sarah

    ReplyDelete