Monday, July 7, 2008

Let's Get It Started

Well, it's been a couple of weeks now and I'm getting to the point where it's time to start meeting some of these guys. But why should I get right to the good stuff? A little update from the "Not So Much" pile:

Handlebar: This guy had a thick, bushy, handlebar mustache unlike any I've ever seen. NEXT!

Body Builder Boy: When you're lookin' to get the ladies, nothing works better than a shot of you as a body builder, right? Seriously, this guy looked like something off a bottle of protein powder. Yeah, he was cut. CUT UP. And from the looks of it, oiled up, too.

Oh, and I almost forgot! Body Builder Boy actually met me the first time I was on Match.com. I apparently made a great impression, because he emailed me asking, "Do I know you?" When I left our date (the first time around) I wasn't all that impressed, so it wasn't any great loss to write a little, "Not interested" message back to him.

Shy Guy: I actually exchanged a couple of emails with Shy Guy, but I just wasn't feeling the chemistry leap off the screen. I realize that online dating is hard, and it's hard to tell when you're going to click with someone right away. But I figure if I'm not really excited to get your email, I'm probably not going to be that excited to see you in real life. So when I explained that to Shy Guy, he got kind upset, like "Why did you even email me in the first place?" Well how was I supposed to know that I wasn't going to be interested? Seriously... I just do NOT have time for these high maintenance dudes.

Okay, so enough of that. On to the fun part!

Teach: Teach is going to call me this week.

Ad Man: So per my last update, Ad Man asked for my number, and I gave it. I was really excited that he might call me, too. But I have yet to hear from him. So I guess maybe there is no potential there after all. And what should I do? I don't want to stalk him or anything, but it is kind of weird that I just haven't heard from him at all. A quick "Hey, you alive?" email, perhaps?

Italian Stallion: Italian Stallion and I spoke twice last week, for a couple of hours each time. He's funny and sincere and just a doll. He makes me a little nervous because he is young and he is clearly prepared to be in a really serious relationship, which I am not necessarily prepared for. But we're supposed to meet up for a drink or coffee tomorrow, so we'll see what happens - I'll keep you posted!

Baja: We just keep exchanging emails. Always short, always nondescript. But seriously, he's a Grade A Hottie in his pictures, so I think there might still be some chemistry there. Plus, he got a little flirtatious in his email today, which indicates a bad boy side that y'all know I gotta love. So we're keeping up with that one... :)

Maroon 5 Lookalike Guy: Adam Levine's doppelganger is calling me this week. Since he lives about 45 minutes away from Cincinnati, I guess we'll have to meet in the middle somewhere. Then again, that would put me right around West Chester, where...

...Barback Boy lives. He and I had date #2 on Thursday. Baseball game got rained out and we were both tired, so we stayed in, ordered pizza, drank beer and watched movie. He deftly bounced the ball back into my court as I was leaving. I am hoping for date #3 maybe sometime this weekend. It would be nice to get out and DO something, since both of our dates have involved food and a movie. I think he would like that, too.

Mr. Marvelous: I don't know, guys, I have a weird feeling about him. This little weird, tingly, nervous feeling. We haven't even talked on the phone yet!

Irish: Yes, Irish has been added since the last time I updated you. We actually exchanged a few emails but then we both got busy and sort of lost one another. But he reached out again this weekend and so maybe we'll get back into the swing of things and I won't forget about him again.

Tall, Dark and... Skinny: From his photos, Tall, Dark and... Skinny is tall, dark and... skinny! He and I have exchanged a few emails, he is the only person to actually "get" the little intro line from my profile (which is culled from a cheesy easy listening song, thank-you-very-much.) But, like Maroon 5 Lookalike Guy, he lives 45 minutes away and I am SO not into a long distance relationship right now, considering the dismal failure of my last long distances relationship!

And the winks and emails keep coming, so I am going to keep going. Speaking of which, I have eight messages in my inbox, waiting for a response, so I'll be taking my leave now. But check back soon for another exciting edition of my dating diary!!

2 comments:

  1. I only wish I could check out the profiles - you know, to put faces to the stories!

    I'm nosy, what can I say?

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol. I love your descriptions.

    ReplyDelete