Sunday, July 13, 2008

Date #2

So today I had a date with Tall, Dark and... Skinny. He was exactly as described. Really tall and REALLY skinny.

We went to the Cincinnati Art Museum, which is an awesome place. It was the first time I'd ever been there, and I definitely need to go back. We spent two hours wandering the various exhibits and trying to make converation. But in the hushed reverence of a museum is not the best place to make conversation, especially for the first time.

At one point, I saw him reach onto his belt for a little device. Yeah - he was wearing a pedometer. "This thing must not be working," he said. "It says I've only taken 245 steps!"

[Editor's Note: When I told my mom that, she laughed louder than I've heard in a while. I assumer you're joining her in laughter.]

At the end of the date, he asked me if I wanted to go eat. But the conversation, the chemistry just weren't there. So I declined. I mean, the kid is hugely nice and you can tell he is a total sweetheart, but if it's not poppin', it's not poppin'.

And seriously... a pedometer?! You may want to leave that at home the next time, fella.

Grade: D

Up Next: Dinner on Tuesday with Mr. Marvelous

2 comments:

  1. a pedometer? wear it if you must (discretely!), but don't pull it out and talk about it. but if he's so skinny, why does he care? def. weird.

    i like the museum idea, but i totally see your point about it being less than conducive to good conversation.

    next!

    sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete