Monday, July 21, 2008

Date #4 - FINALLY!

On Friday, Teach and I met for the first time. We'd had a little bit of trouble connecting over the last couple of weeks, so it was nice to finally put a face to a name.

We met at a sports bar for happy hour. I figured if we didn't hit it off, there would be beer and sports to fill the awkward silences. If we did hit it off, there'd be beer and sports to talk about and munchies to enjoy.

As luck would have it, we hit it off! I found that he wasn't at all what I expected from our phone conversations. We had more in common than I thought and he's smarter than he sounds. (Smart counts for a LOT with me.)

Of course, part of the reason the date may have gone well is because my expectations were starting to get a little low. After three dud dates, I didn't have high expectations that I would meet my "one and only" at the sports bar. By keeping my expectations in check, I was able to just open up and enjoy the experience for what it was.

Let that be a lesson to you, fellow single people. Keep your expectations low and you'll never be disappointed. There's nowhere to go but up.

Grade: A-

2 comments:

  1. smart is hot.

    sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - that's what I said in my last comment to you. Expectations can be a bad thing because you can hype up somebody so much in your head that when you do finally meet them, they couldn't ever possibly live up to the hype. Conversely, if you don't have such high expectations, you are looking for a dud, and voila'! You end up with a charmer who totally surprises you!

    ReplyDelete