Thursday, July 3, 2008

E-Stalkers!

In my last post, I blogged about the fact that Shaggy ran these lame lines on me and got all crappy about the fact that I am a busy, busy woman with little time for these foolish "I bet I can make you un-busy" games.

I thought I had effectively nipped any further communication in the bud by not responding to any of his messages. But then I get THIS:

Cingle Girl:

I was disappointed last time we talked. I didn't think you would be the type to boast about having 100's of guys coming after you on here. I can tell you though that whether there are 100 guys or 1000 guys on here, you won't find another me.

I wouldn't wait for this "weeding out" process because I may or may not be around when it's said or done. All you have to decide is whether or not I'm someone you're interested in getting to know or not. By now you know enough to decide that.

If you decide you want to do yourself a favor and hang out with a hell of a guy, write back.

---Shaggy

Oh. My. God. You've got to be kidding me, right? Not one to back down from a challenge or a shitty email, I calmly wrote back:

Shaggy:

I think you misunderstood my IM the other day. For the record, I wasn’t bragging about having hundreds of guys lined up to meet me. I was simply pointing out that the response to my profile has been overwhelming and takes a while to wade through. I want to be sure that I look at everyone’s profile and figure out whether they are right for me; you never know who might come along.

I have realized that the best kind of guy for me is someone who isn’t pushy and who respects my decision to take this Match.com experience for what it is: An opportunity try on different people and see who is right for me. My personality is such that if you try to push me into something, I’m going to shut you down completely.

Unfortunately, that is how you’ve come across both in your IM and in your most recent email. Above all, your decision to chastise me for wanting to get to know as many people as possible, as well as your condescending attitude (i.e. “if you want to do yourself a favor”) is both misguided and insulting. I will make my own decisions about who is right for me. I don’t need you to do it for me… especially when you are clearly not the right person for me.

I do hope that you find who you’re looking for on this site… it just won’t be me.

---Cingle Girl

HA! Take that! But apparently, Shaggy, is not one to take rejection lying down. His response, which then effectively caused me to block him, goes like this:

You're only hurting yourself then princess. Go ahead and wade through the sea of losers and when you come out the other end with nothing gained, don't say you didn't have the chance.

tonight I'm going to be at [insert lame country bar here]. I'll be learning the ropes as the kareoke dj and you can come and watch from afar. You won't recognize me as I'll be in a cowboy hat and boots, and I won't even bother to look for you. I think this is the best way for you to see what I'm about without resorting to words or pictures.

If you're not up for the challenge, than I'll know that you don't posess the intestinal fortitude to be with someone like me.

---Shaggy


If by intenstinal fortitude he means an inability to control my gag reflex when I get messages like that, then he's right. I'm just... too... weak...

In all seriousness, ladies and gents, this is why the anonymity is kind of a blessing. Because even though this guy is a complete weirdo, he doesn't know my last name, or my phone number, or (now that I've blocked him) any way to get ahold of me. Unless he finds me through this blog, in which case I'm screwed.

1 comment:

  1. It's like FireDork all over again!

    Anyway, maybe you don't know this, but you were totally my inspiration to check out the world of online dating.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete